Sun Setting On Our Field, by Rainer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How
Did the rose
Ever open its heart

And give this world
All its
Beauty?

It felt the encouragement of light
Against its
Being,

Otherwise,
We all remain

Too

Frightened

-Hafiz

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Officially Wild


Specifically, we're #126,046 signed up with the National Wildlife Federation's Backyard Habitat program. There's our certificate to prove it. We'll make our own sign for all to see and show it to you soon.

Pictured above in the front yard, the dominant predators of our habitat, including special guest and wild man, Isaiah.

2 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Sending all the joys of the season and holidays to you and yours.

Thank you for mentioning my book Roots Shoots Buckets & Boots in your writing-that means so much to me.

My new book, Toad Cottages & Shooting Stars, should be available at your local library in the next few months. I hope it gives you some new ideas and inspiration. All joys to you,

Sharon Lovejoy

zakris said...

Sharon, Thanks for writing! Your book is so precious. I'm grateful to my mother-in-law for buying it for me several years ago. We've taken many ideas from Roots and Shoots. When I get a good picture of something I'll post it. How wonderful you've got a new one coming out. We'll be looking forward to your new book. Thank you!
Kris